Tax Planning & Controversy
Our work encompasses all areas of US federal taxation including advising on transactions and tax laws, as well as tax controversies and litigation.The attorneys of Kellerhals Ferguson Kroblin PLLC provide several notable advantages to our tax clients, many of whom benefit from the U.S. Virgin Islands tax incentive programs. Our tax practice offers
- extensive experience with tax examinations and negotiating settlements with the Internal Revenue Service and the U.S. Virgin Islands Bureau of Internal Revenue;
- a dual focus on taxation and business law, ensuring that our approach to tax planning and disputes incorporates best practices in corporate structuring and financial planning;
- specific expertise in tax and compliance matters involving the EDC tax incentive program;
- litigation before U.S. Tax Court and U.S. District Courts;
- attorneys located in both New York and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Our practice covers all elements of federal tax law, including individual, corporate, partnership, and international taxation and all phases of federal and territorial tax controversy. Our tax litigation services include actions to release wrongful levies and liens, refund claims, and actions under the Freedom of Information Act and the Virgin Islands Sunshine Act.